Sodexo at Westmont College is looking for exciting & inspired interns today for the 2020-2021 academic year!
- Finance Internship
We believe that working on university campuses gives us a unique opportunity to foster the next generation of business leaders. We also know that college students help us drive growth within our own organization. Interns bring with them relevant skills in the latest technologies, as well as perspectives on the markets we serve. This is why we are proud to offer University Internships here at Westmont College in Marketing, Sustainability, and Finance.
What can you expect from the University Intern Program?
Interns can expect to work in a out of the classroom learning environment that works on projects and campus initiatives and seeks to increase student participation and outreach. Interns will be working on projects for direct deployment within the unit and at other universities around the country. Interns will be participating in events that may not be open to entry-level professionals, such as certain staff meetings, client consultations and other work-related events tied to the specific job duties of the intern.
- Work in the Unit Financial System on a regular basis to complete cash entries and process paperwork (i.e. invoices and account financial paperwork)
- Assists in the preparation and analysis of financial reporting for the operations.
- Assists in daily operations.
- Learns how to operate and maintain equipment on an as-needed basis.
- Performs day-to-day assignments.
- Maintains and observes department’s guidelines.
- May provides feedback on guidelines.
- May be assigned special projects.
- May assist in calculating financial statements and preparing special formulas.
- May assist and learn financial tool and software.
- May update student account information for Sodexo services.
- Completes formula inventory as assigned.
- May be part of a formal Sodexo internship program. Complies with all company safety and risk management policies and procedures.
- Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
- Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and hazard assessments.
- Complies with all Sodexo HACCP/OSHA and/or local policies and procedures.
- Complies with all company safety and risk management policies and procedures.
- Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as designated.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- In pursuit of a degree (preferably business).
- No experience required. We will train you for all of your required daily tasks.
- Presents self in a highly professional manner to others and understands that honesty and ethics are essential.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and other departments with professionalism and respect.
- Maintains a professional relationship with all coworkers, vendor representatives, supervisors, managers, customers, and client representatives.
- Ability to use a computer.
- Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
- Maturity of judgment and behavior.
- Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance.
- Maintains a positive attitude.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule helpful.
- Must comply with any dress code requirements.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and some holidays.
- Attends work and shows up for scheduled shift on time with satisfactory regularity
Sodexo internships are paid, and include the same benefits offered to hourly unit staff!
What we expect from interns/candidates applying to the program:
We look for candidates who are: enthusiastic, able to work independently, reliable, trustworthy, can handle multiple projects, and are involved/connected on campus.
We request a one (1) academic year commitment with an expectation of 15-20 hours per week of work time. Interns are required to have a college GPA of 3.0 or higher at the start of the program and have a academic interest in business, finance, marketing, economics, or other relevant field of study.
Strong writing and analytical skills are sought in applicants applying for the program.
We expect interns to have strong interpersonal skills, maintain professionalism in the workplace, and have a strong desire to promote and extend Sodexo initiatives on campus and to our clients and consumers.
Application Period: Fall Semester
Only students have completed all of the following, will be considered for the internship program:
Cover Letter & Resume
500 Word Writing Sample (Optional)
Completion of Sodexo Employment Application
All documents and questions should be submitted through the Westmont College, Handshake Portal