Sodexo at Westmont College is looking for exciting
& inspired interns today for the 2018-19
We believe that working on university campuses gives us a unique opportunity to foster the next generation of business leaders. We also know that college students help us drive growth within our own organization. Interns bring with them relevant skills in the latest technologies, as well as perspectives on the markets we serve. This is why we are proud to offer University Internships here at Westmont College in Marketing, Sustainability, and Business Administration.
What can you expect from the University Intern Program?
Interns can expect to work in a out of the classroom learning environment that works on projects and campus initiatives and seeks to increase student participation and outreach. Interns will be working on projects for direct deployment within the unit and at other universities around the country. Interns will be participating in events that may not be open to entry-level professionals, such as certain staff meetings, client consultations and other work-related events tied to the specific job duties of the intern.
- Increase profitable sales growth
- Increase customer satisfaction
- Ensure Client Retention
The daily activities of the Marketing Intern are the implementation, tracking and reporting of Sodexo marketing initiatives in alignment with the above 3 pillars. These responsibilities include:
- Support of Creating Exceptional Student Experiences positioning through a keen understanding of how to leverage marketing tactics at each touch point of the consumer journey.
- Support implementation and tracking of the Strategic Business Plan's tactical marketing plan.
- Support the Better Tomorrow Plan initiatives through marketing, promotion and communication.
- Assist with the creation of all communication collateral, print, web, social media, etc.
- Monitor campus websites and social media outlets to ensure compliance and up-to-date information.
- Assist with communication, promotion, implementation and tracking of all account level research to include surveys, focus groups, customer segmentation processes, food preference surveys, and custom account analysis in tandem with Senior Marketing Manager and Area Manager
Marketing internships are paid, and include the same benefits offered to hourly unit staff! Compensation will be discussed during the interview process or in offer extension.
What we expect from interns/candidates applying to the program:
We look for candidates who are: enthusiastic, able to work independently, reliable, trustworthy, can handle multiple projects, and are involved/connected on campus.
We request a one (1) academic year commitment with an expectation of 10-15 hours per week of work time. Interns are required to have a college GPA of 3.0 or higher at the start of the program and have a academic interest in business, finance, marketing, economics, or other relevant field of study.
Strong writing and analytical skills are sought in applicants applying for the program.
We expect interns to have strong interpersonal skills, maintain professionalism in the workplace, and have a strong desire to promote and extend Sodexo initiatives on campus and to our clients and consumers.
Application Period: May 31st-August 31st
Only students have completed all of the following, will be considered for the internship program:
Cover Letter & Resume
500 Word Writing Sample
Completion of Sodexo Employment Application
All documents and questions should be submitted to this email or by direct mail to:
ATTN: Sodexo Internship Program Manager
955 La Paz Road
Santa Barbara, CA 93108